From:
Anand Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:00:17 -0000

       Hi  Everybody,

         Recently I had some very severe headaches.  I think  Gluten
which of course reduces absorption of nutrients also  affects our
ability to absorb salt.  Salt is very important to absorb fluid such as
water into the body.

         If salt is depleted for some reason (e.g. . through lots of
exercise/sweating) then the fluid or water can build  up.

         If too much is built up then it puts direct pressure on the brain.
This pressure can be tremendous and painful.

         Taken to an extreme it can cause brain damage and hence death.

	 I suspect Celiacs are suffering from this intermittently so the
pressure builds up and falls accordingly.  As soon as any food is consumed
containing salt the pressure may subside.  I tested this theory and had a
small teaspoon of salt.  Almost within minutes the headache diminished and
then went away.

         Something else which I have discovered is that there are some
products which I think  help to break down Gluten in the stomach. These
may help a Celiac to enjoy a better quality of life and perhaps widen
his or her diet.

         These items include:-  1) Black Filter coffee    2) Trebor's Extra
Strong mints   3) Red Square Reloaded Gold.

	 The last item is most effective.  If it is consumed with or after a
meal laden with Gluten then I have found that it annuls the Gluten problems
very dramatically.  It is found in the UK and contains Tequila and Ginseng.
Please note that I am not connected with the sale of these products in
anyway.

         These items aid rapid digestion and cause healthy 'burping', which I
think  is a sign that the Gluten has been broken up.

         Perhaps someone out there might like to research these items and
come up with a supplement which could make a Celiac's  life much more normal.

         Happy Valentines,

         Anand D. Singh.
         Sikh Philosophy:    Truth is Heaven.