Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 08:49:40 -0500

Dear list mates -

Since I was diagnosed over 2 years ago, I have encountered
ALL of the following:

-A holistic MD who says he can do accupunture that will "cure"
my Celiac Sprue, and then I can eat wheat again

-Various network marketing (multi-level) people who claim their
products will "clear up" or "cure" Celiac Sprue, and that I can then
resume a "normal" diet (and their products aren't even gluten-free!)

-Network marketing people who claim their products are gluten-
free when they aren't

-One person who - get this - told me if I practice proper Yoga breathing
and an Aryuvedic diet, plus subscribe to the philosophy that all disease
comes from tension and represed anger and anxiety, that it's OK to
eat gluten (she doesn't know I vomit and get very sick) and end up with
cancers, because all cancers can be cured with the right philosophy

These people are DANGEROUS.  They overstep their boundaries.

There is no "cure."  The GF diet is 100% necessary.  The genes will
still be there, and Celiac Sprue will still be there.

So use common sense when you encounter these people, and don't fall
for their garbage.  They are all selling you something - a product or a
service.  It isn't worth risking your life.

Vicki E. Jones
Homewood, IL