From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 10:10:39 EST

In a message dated 12/23/00 4:17:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<I've been checking out....www.fabulousfoods.com.  They have lots of
 reciipes we can use.  Have had several "talks" with their listowner who
 is very willing to get more recipes to us.  If you find a recipe you
 like, get back to her and let her know....we may have an excellent
 friend here......
 Ann >>

A reminder to all. Be aware of providing recipes from existing cookbooks as
they probably have copyright protection.

Some authors are self-published; others have sold their work to publishing
companies. When  work is copy right protected, it is very important to
respect the copy right. Permission is always required in order to reproduce
copyright materials, including recipes.  In the case of cookbook authors who
have sold their materials to a publisher, the materials belong to the
publisher - not the author. Copyright materials are protected by strict laws
and heavy fines may be levied when the copyrights are broken.

You may identify a recipe by the cookbook, author, recipe name, and page
number, but not copy the complete recipe ingredients and instructions.

Just want everyone to know that there is some legal danger of copying
existing materials that are published.

Nancy
Seattle, WA
USA