From:
"S. Stubbs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:26:07 -0500
For your problems here are things I would check again:
Correct settings for everything in the bios. Also find out if you can
get a newer bios update, the bios can be easily flashed to the
newest version(follow instructions at ASUS).

Some bios settings to check in particular:
Set the VGA Bios sequence to AGP.
Set the graphics aperture at 64MB
AGP drive strength to 4X,
Video bios shadowing to disable
AGP Fast Writes to enable(if probs here, disable).
A good place to look on the web for bios optimization is
this place:
http://www.adriansrojakpot.com/Speed_Demonz/BIOS_Guide/BIOS_Guide_Index.htm

OK, after that I would make
sure (assuming this might be a VIA chipset mobo) that
the correct newest VIA motherboard drivers are installed.
I believe there is one called the VIA 4n1 driver, it is really
easy. These may be obtained from Asus or VIA and they are real
easy to install. Next, I would go to the Cardex site and
try some different drivers, also you can try the reference
drivers from Nvidia for the geforce.
I almost got the Cardex for my new system, which is remarkably
similar to yours, but I read some reviews about the Cardex having
slower cheaper geforce chipset, so I got a Hercules Prophet II MX.
I also went to the Cardex geforce II MX website, and just didn't like
the looks of the site and navigation there.
I hope some of the settings above will help you, try the bios settings
a little bit at a time. Research thoroughly, and I feel you will solve
your problem.
Let me know, I can tell you exactly what my bios settings are, I
have version 1003 of the bios.

Regards,

Susan Stubbs

Just put together my first AMD system with ASUS A7V (bios 1003), 1Ghz Tbird
retail, 128MB PC 133 cas2 crucial ram, 30G ata100 7200 Maxtor Hd, and Cardex
GEForce 2 MX video card.  System appears to run fine, with cpu at less than
50C.  The problem is with the video:  jerky on movies.  My older Coppermine
550e with voodoo 3500 is much smoother. I downloaded the latest drivers for
the cardex, but no difference.  Another oddity(s) is that SisSandra reports
the AGP at >100mhz, and the pci bus >50.  The fsb is reported as 101mhz.
There is no place in bios to set the agp at 2/3 or pci at 1/4, so I assume
Sandra is incorrect - especially since everything works and the HS on the
video chip is not hot.  AGP is set to 4X in bios.  Any help appreciated.
Edna Sloan

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml