From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 19:07:25 -0700
ME did not like my Tekram SCSI 390 u card.  Flashing the SCSI bios didn't
help and niether did a variety of different and updated drivers.  I kept
getting  sporadic "Unable to read drive C:" blue screens.  These screens
would go away with the tap of a key on the keyboard; however, one would
never know when a system file might be in access at the time and that was
when my OS crashed.

By the way, both Windows and Norton showed no errors or bad blocks on the
hard drive.

Windows ME also doesn't give you the ability to boot or use a DOS screen.
If you want a command prompt, you have to boot with a floppy.

I'm not sure most of our software and hardware is ready for ME yet.  But
hey, with a multiple boot, what's to lose?   Give it a shot.

--gary r. tennesen