From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 15:07:40 EDT
In a message dated 3/31/01 3:39:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  recall years ago cutting out sugars, refined stuff, etc., but not the
 starches; the addictive nature of my tastes and wants remained.  It wasn't
 until I eliminated both that some sense of balance returned, I've noted.

Dianne - yes, this is the key. It is the overall, delicate balance that the
body has to maintain. These things are very subtle, and not easy to detect
unless your body is "finely tuned". I know sugar seems to be desirable, and I
do consume some, but if you listen very carefully to your body, it will tell
you that sugar is putting the system off balance. At the extreme, eat a
Krispy Creme donut. This will give you a sugar high, due, I suppose, to the
highly refined confectioner's sugar.

I tried a piece of the yellow sweetcorn the other day, and was shocked by how
sweet it was. No wonder they can extract corn syrup from it. Starches are the
same. You will get a feeling of bloat after consuming potatoes, white rice,
pasta, white bread, etc.

It may also be possible to "reverse train" yourself -- in other words to
create a mental aversion to harmful things. I've achieved this to a certain
extent - I get a feeling of revulsion from seeing too much food on a plate,
for example, and if you know you will feel stuffed if you eat starches, this
feeling arises in anticipation when you look at them

Charles