From:
Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:36:16 EST
In a message dated 2/27/01 4:00:47 PM, Oliva <[log in to unmask]> writes:

<<  http://health.yahoo.com/health/partner/ivillage/nutrition_4.html >>

I checked out this site and was fairly horrified at the suggestions that
supposedly pass for Paleo and/or low carb. Breakfast ideas include such items
as toast/English muffins, skim milk, and margarine(!). Lunch gets worse, with
the suggestion of a frozen low calorie Lasagne dinner, low fat salad
dressings, etc. One sample lunch was: 1 cup chicken and rice soup, 3/4 cup
low fat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup canned peaches, 1 cup skim milk. This is
Paleo? This is low carb? I didn't even look at dinner. I'd seen quite enough
to turn my stomach. I would like to know how I can write to this writer and
politely (while I choke) educate her.

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY