VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:04:16 -0500
I have a few questions re the Acrobat Reader that I'm hoping someone can
answer.  First, let me say that I'm using version 5.0.1.
1.  Is there a way to bring up the whole document at once instead of one
page at a time?  If so, how do you do this?
2. In the Document menu, Next Page is -> and Previous Page is <-.  Excuse
my ignorance, but what does this mean?  What keys do I hit to move page by
page without having to go into the Document menu each time?
3. Is there a way to save a .pdf document as a text or Word document?  I
tried Save As Copy under the File menu, hoping it would give me the chance
to select a different file type, but it didn't give me that option.  I also
tried selecting what I hoped would be the whole document with ctrl-A,
copying it to the clipboard, and then pasting it into a Word document, but
nothing seemed to get copied.
4. Sometimes when I open Acrobat, it asks if I want to check for
updates.  Do I want to do this, already having 5.0.1?  I've been known to
have messed myself up by updating programs without first checking on how
the update will affect accessibility.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you can give me.
Rachel