VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 07:32:53 -0500
Hi, all.  I posted this originally to another list but thought you might all
like to know about the following:

Hi, everybody.  Since we've mentioned Gutenberg books in the past, I thought
I should point out the Gutenberg explorer, a free software download from
Gutenberg Station
http://www.gutenbergstation.com
  which works for Windows users.  Once installed, the Gutenberg Explorer
shows a huge index of Gutenberg Project e-texts; double click on one, and
it's imported to your computer in html or open e-book format.  I'd suggest
html.  Then you can read it like that or just save it to our own K1000 and
open it and convert it to whatever you want.  Those of us who love our
Classic Lit CDs will find additional treasures easily with the help of this
software.  I haven't figured out all the options yet but it's great as a
search tool which I think is the most important thing for us.  You can find
all the information you need at the web site.

I hope this is considered Kurzweil-related enough and that it brings
pleasure to everyone.

Regards,

Ilene