From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:59:18 -0700
Hello,

I had a thought about the trial and error method of arranging the leads
for your leds and switches.

If you hook the reboot pair of pins to an led I'm not sure what will
happen, but it will do whatever it would do if you kept the reboot
button depressed, which I assume would mean that the computer would
remain in a power off condition, since closing the reboot jumper pair
interupts power to the board. I don't think this would cause any damage
to the motherboard, it just wouldn't run

That aside, the rest of the connections should cause no damage to your
system, as hooking say the reboot switch to the hard drive leds will
just act like a bad buld as long as the switch isn't closed, and would
only flow current through the switch if depressed.

I'd open the case,  start with the reboot switch lead first and try it
on each pair until the computer will boot and reboot from the switch,
then sort the rest out.

You don't say whether you have a turbo switch, but since they are
basically worthless anyway I wouldn't even try hooking it up. Who ever
runs their computer at half speed anyway??? That just leaves leds to be
hooked up, and a little trial and error there will find the right
arrangment. Hooking the leds leads up while the computer is running
shouldn't cause a problem, so once the reboot switch has been
identified, I'd let the computer run, and trial and error the hard drive
and power led connections.

Later, Ray Parrish