From:
Pat Wong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 17:12:13 -0600
On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, catherine williamson wrote:

> Sorry, I should have given more details about my
> problem.
> Yes, it's a very old motherboard and the CPU is a
> Pentium 90. It has a AT power supply.
>
> The information given at the bottom of the screen
> is: 04/29/97-VT82C580VP-USB-2A5LAO0BC-00
> It also says Award Software Inc 1997.
> At the top of the screen it says Bios extension v1.0A.
>
> The computer works OK except it gives me a weird
> feeling coz nothing lights up and of course I can't
> reset.
> I'll hold off doing the trial and error bit unless
> there's no other way.
>
> Cathy

Cathy,

The following is extracted from a scanned manual off a Chinese Web for a
RHINO 12 MainBoard.  Looking from the front of the motherboard, there
should be a CN8 connector located at the bottom left hand corner.  This is
a single line 22-pins connector (but you must also count empty pins
between groups of connectors as pins also.) There are groups of
connector pins:  one-5pins; one-4pins; and four-2pins.  Pin 1 is closest
to the ISA slots.  These are the legends:

     1 = + POWER_LED
     2 = N/C
     3 = GND
     4 = KB_LOCK
     5 = GND

     6 = empty space

     7 = SPKR_OUT
     8 = N/C
     9 = GND
    10 = +5V

    11 = empty space

    12 = RESET_SWITCH
    13 = GND

    14 = empty space

    15 = N/C
    16 = N/C

    17 = empty space

    18 = SUSPEND_SWITCH
    19 = GND

    20 = empty space

    21 = +5V
    22 = HD_LED

If you have difficulty of having the HD_LED lit, you should be able to
reverse the connector to see it lights without any damage because a
reverse biased LED exhibits very high resistance.

HTH,

Patrick

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com