From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 06:45:12 -0600
At 02:28 PM 4/24/01, you wrote:
>  Hello, I have a windows 98 machine that will not boot in
>'normal' mode. The error message says:
>" configmg.vxd can't initialize." I realize this is a required
>windows file. I have 'watched' it load on a normal pc.
>The broken machine will boot into safe mode.
>My question??
>Is there some difference in the configmg  that loads in safe
>mode vs the other loadtime configmg that fails?? My guess
>is it is a protected driver that is loading ,or failing to, during
>normal mode that caused the wpe.
>Any ts hints would be appreciated.

Configmg.vxd is a 32bit virtual device driver.  When Windows boots
into safe  mode it does not load the 32bit device drivers.  That is why
you can boot into safe mode.  This file is either missing or corrupted.
The easiest cure is to reload Windows so that it can replace this
file.

      Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,