From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 04:51:07 -0700
Charles, I have always believed that the HP1220 is an inkjet printer, the
latest incarnation of the HP 1000, 1100, 1120, 1220.  There is an HP 2100
laserjet, even an HP 1100.  The curling paper sounds like a laserjet problem
because of the heat applied to the paper to print.  Try buying paper
specific to the printer, paper for a laserjet or an inkjet.  I used to have
my envelopes curl up and stick shut when I printed on them in my HP Laserjet
6L, which is the model prior to the HP 1100. I bought a box of laserjet
specific envelopes and the problem went away.  Also, go to www.hp.com and
navigate to one of their community forums for your printer.  You will
undoubtedly see this problem posted with answers from moderators and other
users.  I have an HP 895 inkjet, and found answers to everything at the
forum for that printer.  Usually, curling paper is not a problem with the
printer, it is a problem with the paper.  First thing I'd do is buy some
paper specific to your printer (HP has all kinds of specialized papers).
You may have a laserjet, but I think you may have the model number wrong.
Try the paper change first, it's cheap, quick, and you can always use it.

I recently bought a HP1220 laser printer. The following problem occurs :

After a page is printed and it falls onto the printer's output area, the
corners of the page curls up. This interferes with the pages that follow
and after 4 or 5 pages the output paper pile become very disorganised and
requires the user to remove the paper. This "baby-sitting" is annoying,
since one would ideally want to leave the printer to print lots of pages
while continuing with one's work.

Good quality, long grain A4 paper is used.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Charles Barnard

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>