Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:17:05 -0600
I am using an Epson Stylus Color 640 with an IBM ThinkPad 310 ED.  Since partitioning and then restoring the computers 6G hard drive the printer will not work.  I get the message that there was a problem printing to the port (LPT1).  I have checked the printer configuration and it is correct.  I have checked the BIOS and the parrallel port base address (3BCh (IRQ 7)) is correct.  I have tried both the default setting of standard and bidirectional, and ECP settings.  The printer software has been uninstalled and installed multiple times.  The printer does work fine on a neighboring laptop so I am certain that the cables are connected properly.  I have not gone into the registry for I would not know what to look for or where.  Suggestions please and thank you.
John Jacobson

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com