From:
Michael Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:22:47 -0600
I've lost a couple of partitions (L and N) on my 20G hard drive and
Partition Magic v3 gives me the error code of 113 indicating these
partitions now overlap other partitions. I've tried to delete the partitions
(K and M) around these bad partitions trying to recover the info on them,
but keep running into the same error. Is there any way to repair the
partition table to point to the proper sectors to recover these? Or is the
drive now totally gone? What software will let me do this - as far as I can
tell, the version of PM I've got doesn't have an option to do this. Another
problem this has led to is that two network mapped drives that were mapped
to Q and R are now mixed in with the local drives as O and P (I think - hard
to tell which is which.) If the local drives can be recovered, will these
drives go back to being recognized as network drives, or will I have to do
more surgery on the partition table to get rid of them and remap them? Help,
please before I lose everything. I'm busily shuffling CD-RWs trying to get
everything else backed up before a total meltdown...

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com