From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 09:18:53 -0500
Jim has not been very clear in explaining what the modem is
doing, but if he hears the modem dialing, then that would not
be an incoming call.

In that case, my guess is that three things are happening:
1. the system is not being shut down, it is going into
    sleep/standby mode.
2. His mail program is still running.
3. His mail program is configured to check for mail on a
    scheduled basis.

If this is true, then Jim can just change #3 to stop
automatically checking for mail.

Jim Meagher