From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:22:55 -0500
Carl,

First I would make sure the microphone actually works.
Click START -- PROGRAMS -- ACCESORIES
and run the SOUND RECORDER program.

Before recording, click EDIT -- AUDIO PROERTIES
Make sure the center section is set to your sound card
AND the volume is up all the way.

If you can record (the circle button) and play back (the single
triangle button) sound, then your problem is most likely with
the configuration of the voice software or the modem is not
capable of voice.

If you can not record and playback sound, then your problem
is moste likely hardware related.  Dead mike or a bad sound card.
And with a laptop, you should hope for a dead mike since the sound
is probably part of the main board..

Good luck,
Jim Meagher