From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:38:06 -0700
> I was talking to a friend who was claiming coffee
> should be OK with
> Neanderthal because the beans can be eaten raw.

My understanding is that coffee is actually a berry,
although is is called a bean. I have heard that it is
edible raw but is not very good tasting (matter of
opinion?).

> Does anyone have any info or
> websites about any REAL problems with coffee?

Seems like every month a "news" article comes out
either damning coffee or praising it's merits. Like
most things I think the truth lies somewhere in
between.

> Also
> does anyone out there
> drink coffee out there.

Yup. About a cup a day during the week. Without
reservations.