From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:04:55 -0600
At 09:10 PM 4/30/01 -0500, Michael DAuben wrote:
>Hi!

Welcome

<snip>

>Any other busy professionals on the list care to share some
>ideas on how to cope with this sort of schedule and still
>eat like a hunter-gatherer? <g>

At the moment, I'm between contracts, so it's not a problem; however, my
last two I had the same kind of schedule.  My only answer is:  advanced
preparation and a crockpot.  I do stuff on the weekend (I take 2-3 hours on
Sunday afternoon, usually (after shopping in the AM) and just do a bunch of
stuff back to back, package and freeze for later in the week, refrigerate
for earlier in the week.  I'll do stuff like bake a whole bunch of chicken,
plus a meatloaf, while slicing up a bunch of veggies that I keep in cold
water in the frig...  I have parrots and dogs I feed as well, and so I also
cut up their stuff at the same time--it's a real production line (of 1 :).

The crockpot is great--I put a bunch of stuff with a fair amount of fluid
in it, and set it on low--that takes some experimentation, but I tend to do
more things like stews and soups than roasts, because of the amount of
time.  I'll make a soup on Monday, stick it in the frig over night, next
morning, add some more meat and veggies--different ones the next day, etc.
for an entire week--different variation each day that way :)

It's also useful to figure out what restaurants near work and on the way
home have things that are paleo-compatible, too.

Dianne