From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 22:34:21 -0700
>It has happened to me and others that raw meat tastes repulsive, and
experience
>(mostly mine) is that we have been eating to acidify, which is too much
meat, usually
>cooked.
>When I've tried to alkalize (?) the body, it takes some days but raw meat
has on occasion
>been mouth-watering good.

>  So it seems the instincto claim is true - our bodies don't lie, and if
one is too acid, raw meat
>cannot taste good, while cooked is fooling our bodies. No wonder people get
sick!

it is a claim for peoples who didn't get the experience of the taste change
in accordance to metabolism state.
For peoples eating all raw without seasonning that is just obvious .
At time the meat can be repusive or divine and everything in between .
The repulsion is considered as a sign that this food will be very much
needed but will trigger too much of desintoxification for the body to
handle, at that moment .
In not in need of that food the smell and taste is just not attractive .
I have been "blocked " on papaya like that for a while ,it was very
repulsive but when my body got cleaned enough to be  able to handle the
desintoxification brought by this fruit ( most likely dairies) i just
devored it for months afterward.
The taste change is not limited to a change in ph ,it is way more precise
than that . There is indication ( recent studies on the olfactory system)
that indicate that the nose is able to discriminate each molecules and shut
down the receptivity to certain molecules  when body needs are met.
The morale of the story is to never give a definitif judgement on food
because  taste is an ever changing experience