From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:25:20 -0500
Hi,

I just wanted to mention what I read these days from a book:

The author claims that the cholesterol level in several patients decreased
from drinking "enough" water before the meals, means 2 glasses (1/2 l) befor
each meal. From some 200 to quite normal within a few weeks (2 months).

The reasoning is, that the cholesterol is produced from the body to enhance
the cell walls in the process of dehydration.

Well, I think that would be easy to test for anyone whishes to help his or
her cholesterol levels. And at no cost.

with meals: IMO drinking water *with* the meals wouldn't be advisable,
because to digesting agencies would be thinned out.
Particularly in the stomach, which ought to begin protein digestion.
And incomplete protein digestion would be the beginning of a lot of
problems.

I use to drink something (10-20) minutes before meals now (before there's
anything in the stomach).

Btw. the option what to drink would be pure water only - from the book.
Many other drinks have unwanted side effects.
As Ray pointed out some time ago -- coffe and tea and alcohol have a
diorethic effect which opens the doors to mineral loss (and dehydration).

Cheers,

Amadeus S.