From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:42:37 -0600
At 01:32 PM 4/15/01 EDT, Charles Alban wrote:
>In a message dated 4/14/01 1:26:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
><<
> Now if you have access to locally grown, organically raised produce farmed
> where they rotate crops well, etc., well... that'd be a dream come true,
> for me :)
>  >>
>But I do. Where do you live that you don't? And no feed lots either... where
>can it be...?
>I live in San Diego County, and we have several hundred small organic
>farmers. I understand that, ironically, most of their produce is shipped to
>New York!

Colorado Springs, CO.  Lot's of pasture land, not a lot of truly farmable
area--both due to the type of land and with the sun at higher elevations
(my driveway is at about 6230 feet--I have to *shade* my herbs and
vegetables!).

And so what do I really need to eat more of?  FISH.  :)  Coming from the
east coast, where there's fish aplenty (and vegetables), it's a bit of a
change.

Dianne