From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 15:19:05 -0600
At 03:17 PM 4/1/01 -0500, Oliva wrote:
>Is it the beef or what the animal has been fed?.  Do you eat grass fed meat?
>I get strange reactions with meat if the animal is grain fed.    Especially
>pork and chicken.....  Oliva

As I can't afford grass-fed except as a treat, and pork and chicken don't
seem to have that effect, I'm assuming it's the beef, although I think it
would be more accurate to say "grain-fed beef"!

After re-reading the section in Protein Power about eicosanoids, I suspect
it's actually the fat in the beef, so I'm also going to try their
AA-leaching marinade bit to see if that helps, as well.  If not, or not
enough, then my beef eating will, of necessity, be limited to those
occasions when I can get some of the "good stuff" :)

Thanks for the question--I've only just been reading up on that very thing
myself the last few days!  I'd spent a couple of weeks not having any beef,
since I'd begun to suspect it may be a problem, and just had some again
over the last couple of days (twice, in fact, to double-check).  If only
that weren't pretty much my favorite meat!

Oh well.  I guess you can't justify taking the price of grass fed meat off
your taxes for health reasons, can you?  One can wish :)

Dianne