From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:46:21 -0500
Oliva wrote:
> Another cancer associated with hormone replacement therapy
> >
> > The use of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) by women during and
following
> > menopause has recently been found to be linked with an elevated risk of
> > breast and endometrial cancer, as well as failing to protect against
> > cardiovascular disease. A large study published in the March 21 2001
issue
> > of the Journal of the American Medical Association shows that hormone
> > replacement appears to increase the risk of ovarian cancer as well.
> > Ovarian cancer is usually detected in its late stages making it
difficult
> > to treat.

they did not in all probability use "estrogen" -- they probably used
synthetic analogs developed and patented by drug companies and not the real
thing. I have seen almost no studies using real human hormone,
unfortunately, and any results such as these must be examined closely in
light of this fact.

--Richard