From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:52:56 +0000
>First of all, thanks everyone for answering me so fast. I really
>appreciate it!
>How many times would be needed a week, day or month  for the accuncture
>approach?
>Trish

This will depend some on you and your practitioner. My therapist also works
in the prison system, and has turned around some viciously depressed and
angry guys with one very quick treatment each week. Ideally, it should be a
bit more extensive and last a bit longer. Like antidepressants, often the
calm which results from the treatment allows the mind to resolve things
somewhat, lengthening the "nice" period... So, the answer, I guess, is "as
long as you can hold onto the calm you achieve". There is no substitute for
solving the source of the anxiety, but the treatments surely can help, and
are good for you instead of unhealthy.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!