From:
Ashley Yakeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 02:36:00 -0800
I understand potatoes are not considered paleolithic, is that correct?
Does that apply to all tubers? Didn't ancient foragers eat wild tubers?

Modern foragers do, apparently. The Tiwi of Bathurst and the Melville
Islands north of Australia eat yams; in fact, yams are sufficiently
important that they base an important ritual around them. My reference is
_Ecstasy, Ritual and Alternate Reality_, pp71-72, by Felicitas Goodman:
her reference is to _Tiwi Wives_, by J.C. Goodale.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA