From:
william schnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 10:31:34 -0600
I'm 63 and have lost 1 1/2". In past few years I make soup from beef
bone stock, recipe: bones(usually neck bones plus marrow
bones),water,salt,acid,onion in biggest pot. Bring to boil, reduce to
low simmer, leave for at least 12 hours. The acid leaches calcium from
bones. When done, all meat&gristle is separate, and all solids may be
discarded.
Modern problems is that the acidic liquid is said to also leach
inorganic metal(s) from metal pot, so cast iron is better than stainless
steel. I use enamel pot.
Skin bag (heat from hot rocks) would be best if naturally tanned, but
then one would need a paleo grandmother to tend the brew - no-one else
has the time.
William