C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 21:08:42 -0500
Hi Barbara,

Welcome.  My name's Steve.  I'm recovering quad from spinal cord injury
and horizontal upper hemi mild semi spastic CP.

I just started Botox injections in two trapezoid clusters and one
mastoid two hopefully reduce a torticollis, lower muscle tone, and
improve range of motion.  The doctor said the serum takes three weeks to
spread through the muscles.  From there we will evaluate results and
decide whether to proceed with higher doses.

Generally Botox should work on your back muscles.   Be sure you find
doctors willing to listen to you.  You may want to pay more attention to
your spinal cord to see whether you're experiencing any nerve
compression.

Feel free to email me directly.  I live in Philadelphia, PA.

Good luck

Steve.