C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Clements <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 16:20:14 -0600
Hello,

My name is Barbara. I have severe spastic Cerebral Palsy and I sit in a
wheelchair all day. I type with a head wand. About there years ago my
back and side started pulling on the right side.  Every time we mention
it to a doctor, they kind of overlook it or give me some more medication
which I don't want. I am on Dantrium and Valium now.  These seem to work
the best as far as relaxing my limbs and not cause any other problems.

I have tried Bacon which made me have accidents, and Zanaflex knocked me
out. I think these medicines have weakened my bladder.  I have tried a
chiropractor which gave me some relief, but now Medicare is refusing to
pay for that.  They are saying it's maintenance, and they don't pay for
maintenance.

Now my mom wants me to try Botox injections in my back and side.  Do
doctors give Botox injections in your back?  Is it safe?  Also how does
one find a doctor who does not want to keep giving a person medication
for everything.  I'm in St. Louis, so if someone is out there in St.
Louis that has a good doctor or ideas, please email me and maybe we can
exchange phone numbers.  But anyone with ideas please answer.

Barb