C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 18:41:42 EST
Too funny Paige.  If I'm on the phone with somebody and I start laughing,
before long I can hear Bundy (my blue and gold macaw) downstairs doing his
own laugh.  It's absolutely hilarious!  I play a kazoo for the birds here
once in a while.  They really go crazy when I do that.  Sometimes I hear
Bundy make noises that are identical to that when I'm out of the room.  Some
of his best work though, has that three stooges sound effect quality and
comes right out of the blue.  He isn't as much the word mimicker that your
brother's african gray is, but his sounds are uproarious.

In a message dated 02/17/2001 6:06:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> That'll be $250 please.
>
>  Betty-  last night I was at my brother's - they have the african gray
parrot-
>  I was reading something outloud and  laughing.  My brother and his g/f
> started laughing ..... the bird was doing MY laugh!  I must laugh a lot for
> him to pick that up!  LOL
>
>  Also- my brother says that he makes this certain clicking sound when I get
> there - never when I'm not there- and I swear it is the keys of the
computer
> clicking away!!  LOL  Smart bird!
>
>  Paige

Betty