Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dan Kucherich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:30:54 -0400
Thanks to all for the responses.

I'm just curious, you've suggested the cdrw as sec slave.  I've seen
configurations in some PCs (with 1-HD and 1-cdrom only) where the HD is
Primary master and the CD-rom is secondary slave.  What is the advantage of
making the CD sec slave?

Btw, I'll be using Adaptec sw with Win98se.

Thanks
Dan Kucherich

> Generally speaking, put the HD on the primary master,
> the CD-Rom on the secondary master,
> the CD-RW as the secondary slave.
>
> Turn off ultra ata 66 or 100 on the secondary port.
> (Or set it to Auto.)
>
> DMA on the secondary, and Auto Insert Notification is
> determined by the version of your burning software, if
> Roxio or Adaptec.
>
> Be careful to have a system back-up if putting Roxio v5
> on  W2K, (there are special instructions and a critical
> 5.01 Roxio patch), and leave out TakeTwo (and DCD?).
>                     Rick Glazier

and 1-cdrw drive?  Which should be primary slave, secondary
> master...etc.  for optimum speed in copying/burning CDs?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com