Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
catherine williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 01:13:00 -0700
Thanks for all your replies and suggestions Hugh,
Kathleen and Demetri. Sorry I didn't explain that my
problem is my floppy wouldn't work after the power
supply blew up. So I'm unable to make another boot
floppy on this computer etc.

Tom

I tried "uninstalling" my HDs in CMOS tho I'm not sure
I did it right. Anyway I'm still getting the message
"Disk boot failure etc". The floppy light did come on
briefly at this time. The was no "Harddisk fail" of
"Floppy disk fail" messages.

John
Windows CD wouldn't boot so maybe the CD is gone too.
Meanwhile I'll go get a new floppy when I am able.

 I think both you and Tom are saying I should try make

my HD bootable, so I can install Windows without the
floppy. I can hook up the HDs but the Config/Auto
exec part is pretty scary. I'll try if the two of you
will guide me, coz I want so much for this computer to
be up and running again.
I know how to create Config.sys and Autoexec.bat on
D:\
(I think) but I don't know which files to copy and
also
I have no idea how to edit them to point to Himen.sys,
the CD drivers or mscdex.
I know I've taken up a lot of your time so if you guys
think enough is enough, it's only fair. Thanks.

Cathy