Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:37:43 -0700
Charles writes:

> This is where the problems lie. If teachers do not know how to eat,
> and medical professionals do not know, then all the wrong messages are
> being sent. This is a serious, serious problem, and it's getting worse.
> am told that we may start seeing heart attacks in 20 year olds, because
of
> the rapidly rising obesity rates in children. >>

Yes, this is a very serious problem.  When I volunteer, I see chips,
candy, soda, jello, pudding, cake, cookies, mac and cheese, corn dogs,
french fries, shall I go on... all being served at school lunch
cafeterias and being packed into kids lunches.  Kids I try to tutor after
lunch are sleepy and grumpy. The school my kids attend are better than
most, but still not perfect.  They serve a soup and salad bar every day
as a lunch option, with fresh cut up veggies and fruits, meats, raisins
and banana chips. *unsweetened*  but they also serve the crackers and
shredded cheese too.
My kids are questions by staffers and other  kids as to why they have
weird stuff in their lunches.  You know, pemmican, tuna salad with no
bread, pumpkin seeds, dried fruits, sliced veggies with nut butters,  etc
etc.  My kids are lean, muscular and are full of energy.
Trish