EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:24:15 -0400
I have no datta on your first question.  I will be free form though and
answer this way.  when testing for accessibility via the web content
accessibility guidelines, it is important to take all functional
limitations into consideration.  I would not equate connect out loud
with hpr since hpr is a self voicing component if you will of internet
explorer and connect out loud does much more than interact with the web
but it interacts with the web in much the same way as jaws does.  The
problem we face is that we need to ensure that ie 4.01 can be used to
access web sites for instance.  I do not believe that connect out loud
supports 4.01 but I am not certain of this.  I do know though that if
you use jaws with ie 4.01 that you get a much different picture than
with ie 5.01 and up.

It would be good if you could hold this dialog with the developpers of
the document.