EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Chapin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:18:39 -0400
> As I understand, it does this since it
> cannot compare
> such examinees with other examinees who have been tested
> under standard
> conditions in order to provide an over all ranking.  I have
> no problems
> with this.
>
> I want to know how US universities evaluate such reports.
> Basically, how
> much weightage would they give to the score report as
> compared to other
> parts of an examinee's application like the essays?

I vaguely remember an article in Chronicle of Higher Education about this.
If I remember correctly, which I may not, most schools either took the
scores at face value, or used them to de-emphasize the importance of the
score.  There was more concern about the potential for abuse than evidence
of actual abuse.

Paul