EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MARLENE MCINTOSH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:02:12 -0500
Try this site:

www.closingthegap.com

They have excellent resources and a fantastic newsletter (30 pages or more) that they produce. They also produce an annual "catalog" of special needs software, hardware, and devices.

Hope it helps,
Marlene McIntosh

Cambrian College
The Glenn Crombie Centre
     for Disability Services
1400 Barrydowne Road
Sudbury, ON P3A 3V8
(705) 566-8101 x. 7219
Room 2539
http://homepages.cambrianc.on.ca/snrrc

>>> [log in to unmask] February 19, 2001 3:47:38 pm >>>
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any information on the following
adaptive computing software and other related products
in general, specifically geared towards the adolescent
person with developmental disabilities?

What I specifically need information on is computer
software that would be appropriate, and could be
recommended for our agencies' lending library for the
adolescent person with developmental and the different
levels of cognitive disabilities.  Any resources or
the latest technological information available today
would be appreciated.

As I am relatively new to this specific technology, in
particular, I would appreciate it if anyone would
share with me any experiences about Intellikey, etc.?

Ruth Burchell