EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"* EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jon Gunderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:06:47 -0600
In the class on web accessibility I teach here at the university is
developing a set of redesign pages as part of the course work.  It can be
found at:
http://cita.rehab.uiuc.edu/courses/2002-01-LIS350AR/redesign/

I also teach an on-line course on web accessibility designed for web
developers.  I talk in the course about creating more accessible web designs.
http://cita.rehab.uiuc.edu/courses/2002-02-REHAB711NC/index.html

We also have a more general resource under development:
http://cita.rehab.uiuc.edu

Jon

At 11:05 AM 3/15/2002 -0500, David R. Stong wrote:
>>There is a difference between complying with guidelines and actually
>>improving the usability for people with disabiltiies.
>
>Jon, this is a valid point that I find I always run up against. Do
>you maintain any resources that point out the discrepancies between
>what works and what's recommended? A collection of W3C guideline
>approved, 508 Regulation compliant inaccessible pages would be
>incredibly useful.
>
>My personal feeling is that Web information must be accessible,
>regardless of standards and guidelines that are awaiting future
>usability. Often, people prefer to stop when guidelines are met and
>potential lawsuit is avoided. Some sort of resource, even a list of
>non-functional guidelines, would be a big help.
>
>--
>David R. Stong, Graphic Designer
>225 Computer Building, University Park PA
>Working for Universal Design:
>http://cac.psu.edu/training/outlines/accessibility

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund