Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:59:39 -0500
From:

I have two separate questions, but since they happened close together, I
thought they might be related.

Last week I reacted to a Perdue whole chicken.  It happened twice and the
second time I ate only the chicken.  I called Perdue and they assured me
that their whole chickens are gluten free.  Nothing is added.  They are
not dipped in anything, and are not even fed gluten containing foods.

The chicken was well done, cooked in a crockpot with fresh vegetables,
water, salt and fresh dried basil.  Six other people ate it with no ill
effects.  The first time I reacted with loose bowels, lots of gas all
night and very tired the next day.  The second time (two days after the
first) I had loose bowels, slight nausea, and felt like I had a brick in
my stomach for hours.  That night I dreamt that I was pregnant with a
very large baby who was kicking me in the gut!  That reaction cleared
some time the next day.

Any ideas what caused it?

I don't remember exactly when, but within a couple of days of that
reaction a few of my teeth became very sensitive.  Even room temperature
water sometimes bothers them.  I had a dental checkup less than a month
ago and everything was fine.

Does this have anything to do with CD or my reaction to the chicken?

Thanks in advance,

Linda