Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:21:10 EST
From:
Lisa Wicklund <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Everyone:

This applies to the women of the board as a rule unless some of the guys use
concealer to cover up acne.

I had a long battle with trying to understand why I did not feel good after
working so hard to stay gluten free. I did think alot about the lipstick and
make up I was wearing. One doctor suggested that I quit wearing lipstick
altogether. I felt uncomfortable with that because I have been wearing it for
years. I talked with a friend who is Celiac and she suggested the product
Echo Bella and Bare Essentials. I went to a co-op called Lakewinds in
Minnetonka, MN after further reference from a woman who works in our local
natural food section of Coborns Superstore. I found a nice small selection of
Echo Bella lipsticks and lip crayons. Also, they had some concealer-two
colors, and some foundation. I bought a beautiful shade of lipstick,lip
crayon and some foundation for acne that has appeared on my chin and corner
of my mouth. I rarely have this sort of problem. Oh well.... Anyway, it has
been four days and I feel much better since the switch. There are only 6-7
ingredients on each item which makes me feel great. No dyes like Red # or
Blue # are used. I was using Avon and Clinique. I heard that Clinique was
gluten free but with the Oat gum ingredient, that sure shoots the theory
down. I learned dearly on that one....

Another progressing product is Burts Bees. Currently, there is a line of
lipstick, lip liner and there will be foundation, bar shampoo soap, eye
liner, (I think) and blush on its way. I bought one tube of lipstick and put
some on. Again, no reaction. There are minimal ingredients with a nice
peppermint oil as an ingredient. No dyes and about six or so ingredients. For
us, lipsticks are a biggie as they can keep us chronically ill if we don't
know whether or not they are gluten free.

As for the Bare Essentials, you may have to check your local co-op as they
have several catalogs to order from. They too, have nice but a bit pricey
natural cosmetic line.

Take care.

Lisa