From:
Kirsten Klinghammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 1994 19:16:11 EST

'Tanya Heikkinen' wrote:
<parts deleted>
: I originally wanted to
: start producing gluten-free products for our bakery, but after reading
: many posts here, I have decided that the best way to go gluten-free would
: be to have two kitchens - there is simply too much opportunity for
: gluten-contamination the way we are set up now.  Many celiacs seem to be
: *extremely* sensitive, and I wouldn't want to put those people at risk.

    Thank you for being so conscientious :-)  By the way, you wouldn't
by any chance be planning on making bagels, would you?  I'd be a ready
customer!!

    Does anyone know of a place that currently sells "safe", wheat-free
bagels?  As they say, "I could die for a bagel!", but the trouble is,
I might :-(

    I have managed to convince my local baker to occasionally make
me wheat-free english muffins, but he doesn't have the time to attempt
the bagels.  Every source I've tried so far doesn't make bagels.
My taste buds would be most grateful to anyone to either sells them or
can direct me to a source.

                 Thank you,

                 Kirsten Klinghammer

P.S.  My house is being re-modeled now and I am without a kitchen,
so I'm afraid trying to experiment myself won't work at this time.