From:
TempestTerriers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:51:08 -0500
Ron,

I nearly froze to death the first winter I was on low carb.  I didn't
know about paleo at the time, and I am now mainly paleo low carb.

I believe that after decades of eating the standard American diet - full
of foods quickly turned to sugar - that my digestive system was lazy.  It
was not accustomed to burning fat since simple carbohydrates were so much
easier to utilize.  When I cut off its supply of these foods, it took
awhile to begin utilizing my fat stores and the fats I was consuming in a
more efficient manner.

My body has now adjusted, and I think I am just as warm as I was before.
I also weight train, so I think that I have added muscle.

Paula H.