From:
Joseph Rzeczycki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:39:39 -0500
I know what you mean about die-off symptoms. Nystatin did that to me. It was
good at first, then became unbearable. I knew for years that my candida
level was probably very high, but thought I could co-exist with it. I was OK
until I tried 100% raw vegan last summer. I ate only fruit, vegetables, nuts
and seeds. It was way too alkaline for me, plus all the fruit made the
candida multiply.

I got some paramycrocidin capsules [GSE]. I think I need to be patient, and
chip away at this and in time, I will get a lot better. If I take too much
antifungals right now, I think it would make me very uncomfortable.

I've eliminated all grains, legumes, dairy [except for a milk based
acidophilus supp I put in my kraut recipe]and may try omitting nightshade
vegetables at least long enough to determine if they are offensive to my
body or not. Blanching nuts first might be a good idea. I might start doing
that. I get no reaction from nuts or mushrooms but maybe there's just so
much candida in my body that I can't tell anymore? Time will tell.I am
determined. It'll be a lot easier when I start seeing some results. My
appetite is better. My skin problems are bad.

After all, we need to eat to live, not the other way around so we might as
well eat the foods that will improve our health. I don't even think that
I'll feel deprived after a while either because I'll be so energetic and
busy that I won't have time to.

Cheers,

Joe in NH