NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 22:23:26 -0700
I am not a doctor but I think you need a second opinion. In my (limited)
experience, testing for food allergies scientifically, i.e., prick tests or
the like, are not infallible indicators. You could use an old fashioned but
workable elimination diet. There are books about how to do this. It will
determine which foods to avoid. Unfortunately, even the problematic foods
may not be stable over time. I believe you must be in active control at all
times. The science of medicine is not that exact when it comes to food
allergies. I just reread a Foreword to a No-Milk cook book where the head
doctor of an allergy department basically said the same thing.

Don M