From:
Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 07:44:49 EDT
A number of people have said they or others they know are allergic to beef.
Could it not be that these folks are reacting to some of the
antibiotics/hormnes fed to feedlot beef? What about the grains and soybeans
these beef are also routinely fed? I understand that these substances become
a part of the meat which people then eat, and can react to. And if the
reactions are occurring as a result of blood and/or skin allergy testing,
were these tests performed with extracts from organically raised, range fed
beef? I highly doubt it.

The same, I believe, would apply to dairy products. Years ago I had a few
friends who had extremely serious sinus/hay fever type allergies, and even
their routine allergy shots were of little help. When they gave up dairy
products, their allergies vanished. I wonder if it was "milk from cows" or
"the stuff that cows eat that got into the milk from these cows" that was
actually the main source of their problems. This was many years ago, so I
cannot suggest that they try dairy products from range fed cows, if it is
indeed, even readily available.

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY