NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn Rasure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:37:56 -0600
Katelyn, my 2 year old has had reactions to milk, soy, chocolate and now
tomatoes.  I have taken her off of milk and soy and she just recently
exhibited problems with tomatoes, burn looking rashes on anywhere it
contacted the skin and diarrhea.  Her symptoms with milk and soy have been a
face rash, frequent very loose bowel movements, complaints of tummy aches
and behavior problems.  Her reactions have never been asthma like.  I
finally asked our family doctor for a referral to an allergist because the
soy and tomatoes seem to develop 6 to 9 months apart and I wanted to know if
we were headed for anymore food reactions.  He did a skin prick test and she
had a negative reaction to all three!  He suggests I have her start eating
them again.  Now what do I do?  I'm so confused, where do I go to find out
why she is not tolerating these foods.  Should I just have her eat it and
will the symptoms go away?  I don't want her to miss out on the nutrition of
these foods if she can eat them.

I really felt like I was making progress until this happened.  It is so
discouraging to know your child is suffering but not know why.  Sorry but
I'm kinda in the dumps now.  Any help, ideas would be welcome.

Kathryn Rasure