NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Becky Leppard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:23:21 -0500

>   Any good cookbook will give you the recipe.  It's
> not so hard to make, although if you aren't experienced as a cook it
> may take you a couple of tries to get it right.  Home-made mayo, by
> the way, doesn't last long.  The components separate (back into eggs
> and oil).

I make my own mayonnaise regularly in the blender.  I use  1  Tbsp lemon
juice,  1 Tbsp. vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp  mustard powder, 1 egg  and 1
cup oil.  I have never had any problem having the components separate after it
is made.  I have had it separate while making it, but to fix it pour the
contents back into a measuring cup, place another egg in the blender and slowly
pour in the mixture again.  The egg and oil form an emulsion when the oil is
SLOWLY poured in.

hope this helps,
Becky in FL