Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 07:02:28 -0800
----------
> From: Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>

> That's an impressive drop.  What was that supplement anyway?

I used Super Nutrition "The Perfect Blend".

Eades lists these:
KAL - High potency Soft multiple
Twinlab- Dual sustained released Mega Multivitamin and Mineral
Mega Food Multi
Thorne Research Labs-Basic Nutrients V

> You stopped all of the supplements, with no rebound?
No rebound at all. In fact things have been improving steadily since then.
This may have happened without the supplements, but I was not going to risk
it. I believe the supplements really accelerated the process.

> I bought one of those home test kits.  My first move will be to
> use the supplements and start favoring monounsaturated fats with
> lean meats again for a while.  I'll test in two weeks and see if
> there's any change.

Atkins did say that some people are sensitive to fat. I tried switching to
lean meat and
olive oil etc and I found it did not help and the diet became untenable. I
could not eat 30g of carbs per day and no fat. I decided to put the fat
back in and give the supplements a chance. It worked for me. I did cut out
dairy completely, though. I am toying with the idea of adding cheese again.
I will monitor my cholesterol if I do.

I am not sure about taking in large quantities of PUFA's such as Flax oil.
I am worried about the cancer possibilities. I would rather take the flax
seed. The seed contains the natural anti-oxidants and fibre.

Gary