From:
E. A. Rohrbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:40:39 -0500

Wanted to share some experiences from the holidays.

First, went to my son's for Christmas. They hadn't been able to find the
status of the turkey so I made a beef roast and took it along. I also made
some gf filling and took a few gf cookies and some chebe bread. They made sure
the margarine for the potatoes was gf and had plain veggies. Someone made
fruit salad with a pudding dressing that was made with cornstarch and probably
okay but they kept some fruit out for me so I didn't take a chance. They also
had little Christmas tree cookies made out of meringue, cream of tartar, mint
flavor, green dye, and sugar which were piped out into a mound like a tree --
adorable and I have to get the recipe for that! All in all, I had plenty to
eat and no one minded a few gf extras! It was stressful for the others because
they were so worried about me -- and then I had an asthma attack from the cats
-- so next year they're coming to my house.

I also wanted to share that I made quite a few gf cookies -- and most of them
were pretty good. There was a peanut butter recipe that was pretty awful when
first baked but much better after being frozen. Also a date, coconut, and
walnut cookie that  used no flour and was wonderful and also froze well. And
two nut and egg white cookies -- one walnut and one almond -- that tasted
great and froze well. I tried some cornstarch cookies that I saw recommneded
here and they weren't great but I think they too are better after being
frozen. If you want any of the recipes, let me know.

I tried ener-g's fruit cake. Boy was it dry. Pour a pint of rum over it
maybe...

And my husband bought me the Chocolate lovers package from the Gluten Free
Trading Company... and what I've eaten of it has been great! Something called
bourbon cookies that jsut sort of melt in your mouth! Also, he said he had to
talk to someone there a couple of times because he forgot to give some credit
card info and they were so polite and friendly that he would gladly order from
them again. (as always shipping is expensive but that wwas also because he
waited till the last minute...)

Anyway, another good gf holiday. Hope yours was as well.

Beth