From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:05:11 -0700
Yes Mary;
I have done a couple in the last few days.
I have been using PCI card that is branded "Koutech" Model : KW-580
It has 2 USB Slots.
I see them on Pricewatch.com for $15-$20
The two I have installed are plug and play (no jumpers) and have
been as simple as inserting the card in a PCI slot.
They use standard Win98 PCI universal serial bus drivers.

Also be aware that many newer pentium motherboards
have USB connections that just need the proper "header" connection
to the slots in back. The "header" connections are around $5
just make sure the pinouts on the motherboard match the header plug.
What I did  on a customers computer last night,
 is look up the Award bios number and found
the mobo manufacturer then downloaded the manual for that board.
It showed the USB pinouts in detail. There are at least two styles of plugs
on the USB "header"
a 5X2 connnector for both USB slots and a 1X5 for each individual slot
I've found you can swap around the connectors to match the pin-outs
if neccesary.