From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:15:54 -0800
  A customer copies CD directory of cd d:\win98\*.* to c:\w98 in order to
speed installation and a variety of other reasons.

Customer runs c:\w98\setup months later when a re-installation of Windows is
needed and cannot use his serial number.  My guess is that it wants THE
original serial number from before since about 10 serials have been tried
all stating that they are invalid while in fact, they are valid.

The time I've seen this in the past, we've had to delete the entire
c:\Windows directory and reinstall.  Afterwards, any one of the other serial
worked.

Is there any other way around this?

--gary r. tennesen